Iceland - diplomas, references, recommendation or proof of good conduct

Country: Iceland
Official languages: Icelandic
Phone code: +354
Internet code: .is

Do I need to send diplomas with my application?

You should have your diploma assessed for equivalence and recognition in Iceland. This will make it easier for employers to evaluate your knowledge and skills. It may also help you to get a better job with higher pay.

The basic principle is that valid qualifications for practising a profession in your homeland are also valid in other EEA countries. Higher degrees, 3 years of academic studies (BA, BSc, BS) and vocational studies with a secondary-school education should be recognised throughout the EEA.

The Ministry of Education, Science and Cul­ture is responsible for coordinating recognition procedures. However, other ministries han­dle recognition for their respective spheres, for instance the Ministry of Health for the recog­nition of medical and health professions. The best place to begin collecting the information you will need is, the national reference point for the assessment and recognition of qualifications.

Should I supply references, letters of recommendation or proof of good conduct?

Give details in your CV of at least two people, such as a former employer or teacher, who will give you a good reference. Get their approval in advance. They should know how you work and be able to attest that you have the skills and attitude to work that you claim to have.

Letters of recommendation can help, but most employers prefer to get the references them­selves. Mention the letters in your CV neverthe­less and be ready to present them at your job interview.

Some employers want verification from your local authorities that you do not have a crim­inal record. This is particularly common in care and cleaning jobs, where you are left on your own, often in private homes or offices.

last modification: 2014-09-03 09:42:25
Privacy Policy